Thursday, October 30, 2014

Liebster Award

Yay, our newly engaged blogger, I Owe You, nominated me for the Liebster Award. The award overall makes you answer a few questions and nominate a couple of new bloggers that you would like to get to know.


Why did you start blogging?
I have been lurking around reading PF blogs for quite a while now. I was just so tired of my excuses why I havent paid my debt, when everyone else has done quite well writing about their debt payoffs. I figured this will make me feel more accountable about my debt - even though I am still anonymous.
Has it turned out how you expected?
Yes actually! So far, I was able to pay down almost $5k towards my debt. That's quite a lot knowing that I only paid $3800 the previous year. 
What has been your favorite blog post you have written so far?
So far its the first post - you can read here. I just feel like thats when I really took this seriously after really looking into my balances

How did you decide on the name of your blog?
Honestly, I could not think of a very witty name for a blog. I have had the nickname Ciel for a while though.
Sum up your life in 6 words or less
Que sera sera 
Earliest money memory?
I am sure I had something earlier than this since I did get an allowance when I was a kid, but I really thought I made it when my dad took me to Bank of America to open my first account and became their slave - half kidding! I never really had any issues with them and I have worked in different banks and still kept them as my main bank

I would like to nominate these lovely gals

Downstairs and in Debt is our sport (hockey) obsessed hardworking blogger from Southern New Brunswick. She has already paid her government student loan and moved out of her parents basement since starting this blog. She now only has a line of credit and a credit card to tackle!

Melissa, our sun burnt saver blogger from Phoenix, is tackling her student debt when she got her graduate degree. She works in the finance division at her organization and lives with her main squeeze with an adorable dog named Molly.

Christine started the wallet diet blog recently. She started with $35k in student loan debt and now only has $5k left to pay off. She already has a lot of pretty interesting blog posts even though she just started this month. I cant wait to hear the rest Christine!




... and anyone else who would like to answer their questions and would like to promote their blog. Let me know and I will update this =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle! Thanks for the kind words and nominating me for the Liebster Award. Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete