I thought about it and rather than
- Make it into $150/week – this will only include variable expenses (ie. Food, gas, entertainment etc.), but not the fixed monthly expenses (ie. Storage, debt payments)
- Track my variable spending (every penny) – I can use my cash or debit card
- Do not use credit cards - Completely off limits
- Have a monthly debt payment target amount – I want to target to put least $1k into my debt this month.
- Have a monthly savings target amount – I want to hit $1k of my emergency fund … $100 more to go. I haven’t posted about this yet!
- Have at least ONE day of no spending
So watch out for my weekly update on Saturday and see if I was able to hit my target goals this week.
How many times do you revise your debt payment, spending and saving goals?