Saturday, August 30, 2014

Week 13 : New Outlook

 I am now trying to get back to the rhythm of going to the gym this past week - the same time I am trying to revamp my debt payments. I am hoping for good positive changes will start this time - health and money wise.

J and I are contemplating on getting the next tier of our gym membership. I am currently paying $25/mo (Homie hookup – jk. I tried to cancel a while ago and they locked me in at this rate. It used to be $30), and this will bump it up to $35/mo with more access to their ‘super’ clubs. One of them is really close to where I work at and this is why I am also thinking about upgrading. There is also a COSTCO deal where you pay a lump sum of $650 for 2 years which is broken down to $27/mo instead of the $35 - but I don’t have that kind of money right now to pay upfront.


I know some of you are probably thinking, you should cut back on spending money on that since you’re in the middle of your debt repayment. But right now I just want to be a little selfish and not deprive myself of EVERYTHING – so we’ll see. I am fine with the current membership I have, but it means driving 5+ miles out from work or from home if I want to keep my current membership.


Current Debts:
No paycheck this week and I didn't really log the amounts from last week. Below are the 'current' amounts for each debt.


 Current
 Paid
 Total
 Personal Loan
     8,346.00
               -  
     8,346.00
 Student Loan
     6,688.00
               -  
     6,688.00
 CC#1
     6,200.00
               -  
     6,200.00
 CC#2
        200.00
               -  
        200.00
 CC#3
               -  
               -  
               -  
 TOTAL
   21,434.00
               -  
   21,434.00



Starting Debt: $21,434 || Paid: $0 || Ending Debt:$21,434

Weekly Spending:
I don't really have a target amount to spend for the week. However, I will continue to log all my daily expenses under this category. I will continue to try and stop eating out as much. I will start and kind of started bringing lunch to work now so that definitely made a big difference the past few weeks.

Sat - $44 Gas | $35 Drinks
Sun - No Spend Day!
Mon -  $8 Lunch
Tue - $12 Dinner
Wed - $67 Gift
Thu - $20 Gas | $9 Dinner
Fri - No Spend Day!


Weekly Spending Total : $195


Pending Expenses:
Birthday season for us just started. You can probably see the gift purchase from above. I am excited to have almost every weekend of September booked for birthday celebrations, a wedding and other celebrations - but its going to be expensive! I already tried to tally each weekend and will TRY to minimize any kind of expense for the week



I am excited though that there will also be a holiday almost every month - working in the financial field, we pretty much get most of the bank holidays! Plus, since I don't have any left since that vacation... I look forward to long weekends now. HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is actually our "quiet time" for birthdays, etc. Our busy time is November to May. This year, first out of 8 years (time me and hubby have been together) that there were zero weddings to go to :) That has been a huge relief on the budget. Just try to budget for gifts and celebratory evenings out. For evenings out, try and bring a set amount of cash with you and not spend over that amount.

    As long as you use your gym membership (i.e. get your money's worth) then I have no problem with having one when in debt (I did too). Health is important and if you are in poor health, it could cause problems that will cause you even more money if not taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgaine for the tips! Weddings are so much fun but so expensive sometimes to attend

    J and I are starting to stick to a budget too - he's saving while I am paying down debt. So we are carefully planning weekends and eating out now as well.

    ReplyDelete