Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 Goals

Happy 2015! I had a lot of fun in 2014 and I am so grateful for the past year, but I honestly felt like I kind of put my life on pause last year - it was a year of let’s see what happens instead of steering my own life. In 2015, I would love to change that. 




First things first, I want to gain control of my goals by PAYING OFF ALL MY CONSUMER DEBT. This will be my main goal this year and the primary purpose of this blog. I also listed some of my savings, blog and personal goals below.
Financial Goals :
  • Pay off Debt Completely - I will be paying them off at this order
    • Personal Loan - end of 2014 $5,145 | approx monthly $450
    • Credit Cards - end of 2014 $9,466 | approx monthly $800
    • Student Loan - end of 2014 $6,062 | approx monthly $520
  • No credit card spending - I am not leaving my credit card into my wallet. I am kind of nervous about this, but as much as possible – I do not want to add any more debt into my CC.
  • Learn about retirement – what’s the best thing to do with my old 401k and an old investment
 Savings Goals : 
  • Build an Emergency Fund – Increase to $1000 liquid funds
  • 401k - Increase contribution to 6%
  • Roth IRA – Increase to $1000
 Blog Goals : The main three things that I will still keep posting are
  • Weekly Spending Report - I will keep posting my weekly spending just to keep myself in line of the goals
  • Monthly Update - I will also post monthly goals that I would want to accomplish during the month.
  • Month End Updates - A closing on what I did during the month - see if I accomplish the goals I have set for myself.
 Personal Goals : 
  • 1 International and 4 Domestic Travels - I want to do a big trip this year and maybe little trips spread out each quarter 
  • Start running again - Log 10k+ each week
  • Do yoga or a Barre class - and commit to it!
  • Walk my dog - I just want to spend more time with him this year
  • Read/Listen 12 books this year
  • Learn something new - I want to learn how to knit, scuba dive, design a website and drive a stick shift
  • Become a Yelp Elite =)


Lets do this 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment